Cove Cuisine Breads & Bakery
Rosemary Cornbread. This can be made in a cast iron skillet or in individual muffins pans!
Prep Time: 10 min ~ Cook Time: 25 min ~ Servings: 6-8
- 1 stick Butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 fresh Eggs
- 1 1/2 cup Buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 3/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 cup Cornmeal, yellow
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Rosemary, freshly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and place a 9-inch cast iron skillet inside to heat while you make the batter.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cornmeal, flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Whisk in the buttermilk and eggs.
- Carefully remove the hot skillet from the oven. Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Coat the bottom and sides of the hot skillet with the butter. Pour the batter into the skillet and place it in the center of the oven.
- Bake until the center is firm and a cake tester or toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 to 15 minutes and serve.
Appetizers ~ Beverages ~ Breads & Bakery ~ Dips, Spreads & Sauces ~ Healing Tonics ~ Salads & Sides ~ Soups & Stews ~ Main Dishes ~ Desserts