Cove Cuisine Main Dishes
||Pan Seared Tuna
Pan Seared Tuna. Light, flavorful, and very tasty for the main course or an appetizer!
Prep Time: 20 min ~ Cook Time: 3 min ~ Servings: 1
- 1 teaspoon Cilantro, chopped
- 1 whole Datil Pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 tablespoon Ginger, peeled, grated
- 1 clove Garlic, grated
- 1 whole Lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 1 pinch of Brown Sugar
- 2 wholes Green Onions
- 1 to taste Sea Salt and Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil, extra virgin
- 6 ounces Sushi quality Tuna Steak
- 1 fresh Avocado, halved, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cilantro, Datil, ginger, garlic, lime juice, soy sauce, sugar, salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Stir the ingredients together until well incorporated.
- Place a skillet over medium-high heat and coat with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Season the tuna generously with salt and pepper. Lay the tuna in the hot oil and sear for 1 minute on each side to form a slight crust.
- Pour 1/2 of the cilantro mixture into the pan to coat the fish.
- Serve the seared tuna with the sliced avocado and the remaining cilantro sauce drizzled over the whole plate.
Appetizers ~ Beverages ~ Breads & Bakery ~ Dips, Spreads & Sauces ~ Jellies and Jams ~ Healing Tonics ~ Salads & Sides ~ Soups & Stews ~ Main Dishes ~ Desserts