Cove Cuisine Main Dishes
Eggplant Parmesan. Just the right flavors, and warmth…definitely good eats!
Prep Time: 10 min ~ Cook Time: 35 min ~ Servings: 4
- 3 tablespoons Garlic Oregano Infused Olive Oil
- 2 cups Marinara Sauce
- 1 bunch of Fresh Basil leaves, chiffonade
- 1 pound Fresh Mozzarella, sliced 1/8-inch thick
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup Italian Seasoned Bread Crumb
- In a large bowl dissolve 2 tablespoons of salt in 1 cup of warm water. Add 2 quarts of cold water. Set aside.
- Slice the eggplant into 1/2″ slices and put the slices in the salt water, weigh them down with an upside-down plate, and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 450°
- Drain the eggplant and pat dry with a paper towel, lightly season each slice with salt and pepper, and place on an oiled baking sheet.
- Bake the eggplant at 450 degrees F until the slices begin turning light brown on top, about 12-15 minutes. Remove the eggplants from the oven. Remove the slices from the baking sheet and place them on a plate to cool.
- Lower oven temperature to 350 degrees F. In an 8 by 12-inch casserole pan, place the eggplant, evenly spaced. Brush each side of the slices with garlic oregano-infused Olive oil, spread 1/4 cup of marinara sauce, and sprinkle with a teaspoon of basil. Place one slice of mozzarella over each and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of grated Parmesan.
- Sprinkle Italian seasoned bread crumbs over the top of the eggplant, and bake uncovered until the cheese melts and lightly browns, about 20 minutes. Topped with Basil chiffonade.
Appetizers ~ Beverages ~ Breads & Bakery ~ Dips, Spreads & Sauces ~ Healing Tonics ~ Salads & Sides ~ Soups & Stews ~ Main Dishes ~ Desserts