A Cove Cuisine Appetizer
||Bacon Wrapped Scallops
A great pairing of juicy sweet Scallops wrapped in a delicious blanket of Bacon. Topped off with spicy mayo, this appetizer is tough to beat!
Prep Time: 15 min ~ Cook Time: 20 min ~ Servings: 20+
- 1 1/2 pound Scallops, large
- 1/2 pound Bacon, thin sliced
- 1 teaspoon Herb Infused Olive Oil
- 1 to taste Koshar Salt, Black Pepper, freshly ground
- 1 cup Dukes Mayonaise
- 1/4 cup Sriracha Hot Chili Paste
- 1 Lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons Cilantro, chopped
- 2 heads Bibb Lettuce
- 3 mediums Avocados, sliced
- Heat the broiler. Wrap each scallop in a piece of bacon and secure it with a toothpick. Place the bacon-wrapped scallops onto a baking sheet, drizzle them with olive oil, and season them with salt and pepper. Cook them under the broiler for about 10 to 15 minutes until the bacon is cooked through, turning once.
- Make the spicy mayo by combining the mayonnaise, chili paste, lime juice, and chopped cilantro. Stir well and refrigerate until ready to use.
- To serve, carefully peel away the lettuce leaves and line a large platter with the lettuce cups. Top each with bacon-wrapped shrimp, 2 slices of avocado, and a spoonful of spicy mayonnaise. Garnish with cilantro leaves.
Appetizers ~ Beverages ~ Breads & Bakery ~ Dips, Spreads & Sauces ~ Jellies and Jams ~ Healing Tonics ~ Salads & Sides ~ Soups & Stews ~ Main Dishes ~ Desserts