Cove Cuisine Soups & Stews
Mushroom Ragu. Creamy, comforting, and flavorful…a hearty use of Mushrooms!
Prep Time: 10 min ~ Cook Time: 45 min ~ Servings: 6
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 large Onion, chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 pound Mixed Mushrooms, (cremini, oyster, shiitake) chopped
- 1/2 cup Marsala Wine
- 2 cups Chicken Broth
- 1/3 cup Heavy Cream
- 5 fresh Basil, Sweet, chopped
- 1/4 cup Parsley, chopped
- 3/4 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- In a large skillet heat the oil. When almost smoking, add the onions and garlic over medium-low heat until the onions have wilted, about 8 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Raise heat to high and saute until mushrooms are tender and all the liquid has evaporated.
- Remove pan from heat and pour in Marsala. Return pan to stove and allow the wine to evaporate about 3 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and simmer for 1/2 hour until the sauce has reduced by half. Add heavy cream and mix well.
- Take the pan off the heat and add the fresh herbs and Parmesan and mix thoroughly.
Appetizers ~ Beverages ~ Breads & Bakery ~ Dips, Spreads & Sauces ~ Healing Tonics ~ Salads & Sides ~ Soups & Stews ~ Main Dishes ~ Desserts