Cove Cuisine Soups & Stews
||Carrot Ginger Soup
Carrot Ginger Soup, Nutritious, tasty, hearty and has a light kick!
Prep Time: 10 min ~ Cook Time: 40 min ~ Servings: 4
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil, extra virgin
- 1/2 cup White Onion, chopped
- 4 cups Carrots, chopped
- 4 cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 cup Orange juice
- 1 2/3 tablespoon Grated Ginger
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 14 oz cans of Coconut Milk
- 1 to taste Black Pepper, freshly ground
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the carrots, broth, orange juice, ginger, and lemon juice; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the carrots are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Puree with an immersion blender or food processor, until very smooth.
- Return the soup to the saucepan and stir in the coconut milk, salt, and pepper.
- Reheat the soup over medium heat until hot. Ladle the soup into bowls and serve.
Appetizers ~ Beverages ~ Breads & Bakery ~ Dips, Spreads & Sauces ~ Jellies and Jams ~ Healing Tonics ~ Salads & Sides ~ Soups & Stews ~ Main Dishes ~ Desserts