- 1/2 cup Quinoa, red or white, rinsed
- 1/2 cup Lemon Juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 to taste Kosher Salt
- 1 to taste Black Pepper, freshly ground
- 1 pinch of Nutmeg, freshly grated
- 3 bunches Curly Parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Mint, finely chopped
- 1 pint Cherry Tomatoes, quartered
- 1 whole English Cucumber, diced
- Bring 1 cup of water to a boil in a small saucepan. Meanwhile, in a small cast-iron skillet (if possible), toast the quinoa over moderately high heat until the grains give off a nutty aroma and start to pop. Pour the quinoa into the boiling water, taking care that the pot doesn’t boil over! Turn it down to a simmer, cover, and cook until the water is absorbed and the quinoa is tender, 12 to 15 minutes. Remove it from the heat and allow it to cool.
- Whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, 1/2 rounded teaspoon of salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Combine the parsley, mint, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, peppadews, and the cooled cooked quinoa in a large bowl. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat. Taste for seasoning, and let sit for about 5 minutes before you serve.