Cove Cuisine Dips, Spreads & Sauces
Puttanesca Sauce. “Spaghetti in the style of a whore” is the translation…an interesting story!
Prep Time: 25 min ~ Cook Time: 40 min ~ Servings: 4-6
- 28 ounces Roma Plum Tomatoes ( 1 can )
- 1/2 cup Tomatoes, crushed
- 1/2 cup Kalamata, pitted and quartered
- 1 tablespoon Tomato Paste
- 3 tablespoons Garlic Infused Olive Oil
- 1 medium Onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Red Wine
- 3 teaspoons Capers
- 1/4 cup Romano Cheese
- 5 wholes Anchovies, mashed
- 1/4 cup Clam Juice
- 3 cloves Garlic, chopped, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 6 fresh Basil leaves, torn into pieces
- 1 tablespoon Italian Parsley
- 1 tablespoon Oregano, Fresh
- In a large pot heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and saute until soft and lightly caramelized, about 6 minutes. Add the garlic and cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Smash out the anchovy fillet with the flat side of the knife. After the capers are rinsed, mash those with a flat knife as well and add both. Add the tomatoes to the sauce with the olives. Add the tomatoes and the remaining ingredients and simmer until the sauce is thickened and slightly reduced about 30 minutes. Add herbs and simmer for another 10 minutes. Adjust seasoning, to taste.
Appetizers ~ Beverages ~ Breads & Bakery ~ Dips, Spreads & Sauces ~ Healing Tonics ~ Salads & Sides ~ Soups & Stews ~ Main Dishes ~ Desserts