A Cove Cuisine Appetizer
||Pan Seared Tuna
These marinated Pan Seared Tuna steaks served rare, are savory, refreshing, and delicious!
Prep Time: 20 min ~ Cook Time: 3 min ~ Servings: 1
- 1 teaspoon Cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 whole Datil Pepper, halved, seeded, and sliced
- 1 tablespoon Ginger, grated
- 1 clove Garlic, grated
- 1 medium Lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 1 pinch Sugar
- 2 fresh Green Onions
- 1 to taste Koshar Salt, Black Pepper, freshly ground
- 1/4 cup Herb Infused Olive Oil
- 6 ounces Sushi Quality Tuna
- 1 whole Avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cilantro, jalapeno, ginger, garlic, lime juice, soy sauce, sugar, salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Stir the ingredients together until well incorporated.
- Place a skillet over medium-high heat and coat with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Season the tuna generously with salt and pepper. Lay the tuna in the hot oil and sear for 1 minute on each side to form a slight crust. Pour 1/2 of the cilantro mixture into the pan to coat the fish. Serve the seared tuna with the sliced avocado and the remaining cilantro sauce drizzled over the whole plate.
Appetizers ~ Beverages ~ Breads & Bakery ~ Dips, Spreads & Sauces ~ Healing Tonics ~ Salads & Sides ~ Soups & Stews ~ Main Dishes ~ Desserts