Cove Cuisine Soups & Stews
Oyster Stew. Light, yet oh so tasty! One of our Christmas Dinner staples!
Prep Time: 15 min ~ Cook Time: 20 min ~ Servings: 4
- 4 tablespoons Butter
- 24 fresh Oysters, with liquid
- 13 ounces Whole Milk
- 13 ounces Cream or Half and Half
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon White Pepper
- 2 smalls Shallots
- 2 tablespoons Parsley, chopped
- 2 dash Crystal Sauce
- 1 pinch Paprika
- Stir butter and shallots in a stockpot over medium heat until butter begins to brown.
- Stir shallots into the browned butter. Cook and stir until translucent, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Pour reserved oyster liquor, milk, and cream into the stockpot; bring the mixture to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low and stir in oysters.
- Cook until oyster edges begin to ruffle, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat
- Stir in parsley; season with sea salt to taste. Ladle into bowls and garnish with sweet paprika and oyster crackers.
Appetizers ~ Beverages ~ Breads & Bakery ~ Dips, Spreads & Sauces ~ Healing Tonics ~ Salads & Sides ~ Soups & Stews ~ Main Dishes ~ Desserts