Cove Cuisine Salads & Sides
Orange, Beet & Fennel Salad
Orange, Beet & Fennel Salad. Colorful, Bright, and full of flavor!
Prep Time: 25 min ~ Cook Time: 59 min ~ Servings: 4-6
- 2 mediums Red Beets, tops trimmed
- 2 mediums Golden Beets, tops trimmed
- 3 fresh Blood Oranges
- 1 medium Orange, Cara Cara
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon Lime, Juice
- 1/2 small Fennel Bulb, very thin sliced
- 1/4 medium Red Onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil, for drizzling
- 1 to taste Kosher Salt
- 1 to taste Black Pepper, freshly ground
- 1/4 cup Cilantro, fresh
- Preheat oven to 400°. Wash beets, leaving some water on the skins. Wrap individually in foil; place on a rimmed baking sheet and roast until beets are tender when pierced with a knife, about 1 hour. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, using a sharp knife, cut all peel and white pith from all oranges; discard. Working over a medium bowl, cut between membranes of 2 blood oranges to release segments into the bowl; squeeze juice from membranes into the bowl and discard membranes. Slice the remaining blood orange and Cara Cara orange crosswise into thin rounds. Place sliced oranges in a bowl with the segments. Add lemon juice and lime juice.
- Peel cooled beets. Slice 2 beets crosswise into thin rounds. Cut the remaining 2 beets into wedges. Strain citrus juices; reserve. Layer beets and oranges on plates, dividing evenly. Arrange fennel and onion over beets. Spoon reserved citrus juices over, then drizzle salad generously with oil. Season to taste with coarse sea salt and pepper. Let salad stand for 5 minutes to allow flavors to meld. Garnish salad with cilantro leaves
Appetizers ~ Beverages ~ Breads & Bakery ~ Dips, Spreads & Sauces ~ Healing Tonics ~ Salads & Sides ~ Soups & Stews ~ Main Dishes ~ Desserts