Cove Cuisine Main Dishes
||Summer Skillet Meal
Summer Skillet Meal. There’s something just beautiful about serving a rustic, homemade meal prepared in a cast iron skillet with veggies straight from the Cove garden!
Prep Time: 10 min ~ Cook Time: 35 min ~ Servings: 4-6
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 small Yellow Onion, diced
- 3 fresh Red Peppers, roasted
- 1 fresh Zucchini
- 3 larges Tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 5 fresh Eggs
- In a large skillet or cast iron pan, gently heat 3 tbs of extra virgin olive oil. Add the onion and red peppers and saute until the onion just starts to turn translucent; 8-10 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, kosher salt, and paprika. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat to a simmer and cook until the tomato thickens and can be pulled away from the bottom of the pan. This can take anywhere from 15-20 minutes.
- Once the tomato is fried, make a well in the vegetables and add the eggs one at a time. Once all of the eggs have been added to the pan, transfer it to the oven and broil for 3-4 minutes or until the eggs are set to your liking.
Appetizers ~ Beverages ~ Breads & Bakery ~ Dips, Spreads & Sauces ~ Healing Tonics ~ Salads & Sides ~ Soups & Stews ~ Main Dishes ~ Desserts