Cove Cuisine Main Dishes
||Mussels & Lemongrass
Mussels & Lemongrass. Inexpensive, spicy, flavorful, and fun to eat!
Prep Time: 20 min ~ Cook Time: 25 min ~ Servings: 4-6
- 1 quart Shrimp Stock
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Shallots, minced
- 1 stalk Lemongrass, sliced longwise
- 1/4 cup Ginger, scrapped, julienned
- 6 leafs Kefir Lime Leaves, julienned
- 2 tablespoons Fish Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha Chili Sauce
- 3 tablespoons Sugar, Light Brown
- 2 tablespoons Lime Juice
- 14 ounces Coconut Milk, unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 pound Mussels
- 1/4 cup Cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Green Onions, minced
- Place all of the ingredients except mussels, cilantro, and green onions in a medium pot and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- Strain and return to the pot. Bring to a boil, add the mussels and cook until they are opened 5 to 8 minutes. Stir in the cilantro and green onions, and serve.
Appetizers ~ Beverages ~ Breads & Bakery ~ Dips, Spreads & Sauces ~ Healing Tonics ~ Salads & Sides ~ Soups & Stews ~ Main Dishes ~ Desserts