- 2 pounds Fresh Shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails removed
- 2 tablespoons Blackened Seasoning Mix
- 4 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 12 wholes Soft Tortillas, corn, or flour
- 1 pkg Cole Slaw Mix
- 1/2 bunch of Cilantro, chopped
- 2 mediums Tomatoes, diced
- 1 whole Lime, juiced
- 1 medium Red Onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons Sour Cream
- 1 tablespoon Datil Pepper, diced
- 2 fresh Limes
- Lightly dust shrimp with blackening spice, being careful not to make the shrimp too spicy. Mix tomatoes, onions, cilantro, and lime juice and place in a bowl for Pico de Gallo.
- Mix sour cream and Chipotle peppers, and set aside. Place oil in a cast iron sautés pan and place over medium heat and heat oil until it is very hot (but not too hot, as we don’t want you to burn your house down).
- Add shrimp to sauté pan and cook for 2 -3 minutes per side, until shrimp are white throughout. Remove from heat immediately, so that you do not overcook the shrimp.
- While the shrimp are cooking, place the tortillas inside a damp towel, and heat them in the microwave for approximately 30 seconds, to steam the tortillas. Remove shrimp sauté pan and place inside tortillas, folded to make taco shells.
- Fill shells with cabbage, pico de gallo, and chipotle sour cream. Serve with extra limes and cilantro on the side. Enjoy!