Cove Cuisine Dips, Spreads & Sauces
Green Curry Mango Sauce
Green Curry Sauce. This is an amazing sauce…tangy, spicy, and refreshing!
Prep Time: 10 min ~ Cook Time: 30 min ~ Servings: 4-6
- 1/2 cup Canola Oil
- 1 whole Red Onion, Coarsely Chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 whole Datil Pepper, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Green Curry Paste
- 3 fresh Ripe Mangos, peeled, pitted, and chopped
- 2 cups Coconut Milk
- 3 tablespoons Lime Juice
- 3 tablespoons Cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 1 to taste Salt, Freshly ground, Pepper
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic, ginger, and serrano chile and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the curry paste and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add mangoes and water, stir well, and cook until the mango is soft about 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer the mixture to a blender
- Add the lime juice, cilantro, and honey and blend until smooth. With the motor running, slowly add the remaining 1/2 cup oil and blend until emulsified. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cook’s Note: When blending hot liquids, remove liquid from the heat and allow to cool for at least 5 minutes. Transfer liquid to a blender or food processor and fill it no more than halfway. If using a blender, release 1 corner of the lid. This prevents the vacuum effect that creates heat explosions. Place a towel over the top of the machine, pulse a few times, and then process on high speed until smooth.
Appetizers ~ Beverages ~ Breads & Bakery ~ Dips, Spreads & Sauces ~ Healing Tonics ~ Salads & Sides ~ Soups & Stews ~ Main Dishes ~ Desserts