Cove Cuisine Healing Tonics
Golden Milk Turmeric Tea
Golden Milk Turmeric Tea. Using fresh turmeric adds a clean, bright flavor to this drink!
Prep Time: 5 min ~ Cook Time: 20 min ~ Servings: 2
- 1 cup Almond or Coconut Milk
- 1 stick Cinnamon Stick 3″
- 1 fresh Turmeric, unpeeled 1″ piece, thinly sliced or 1/2 tsp dried
- 1 fresh Ginger, unpeeled, thinly sliced 1″
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Peppercorns, Whole
- 1 pinch Ground Cinnamon for serving
- Whisk coconut milk, cinnamon, turmeric, ginger, honey, coconut oil, peppercorns, and 1 cup water in a small saucepan; bring to a low boil. Reduce heat and simmer until flavors have melded about 10 minutes. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into mugs and top with a dash of cinnamon.
- Golden milk can be made 5 days ahead. Store in an airtight container and chill. Warm before serving.
Appetizers ~ Beverages ~ Breads & Bakery ~ Dips, Spreads & Sauces ~ Healing Tonics ~ Salads & Sides ~ Soups & Stews ~ Main Dishes ~ Desserts