Cove Cuisine Healing Tonics
Fire Cider. A well-known folk remedy to boost the immune system!
Prep Time: 20 min ~ Cook Time: 0 min ~ Servings: 1 qt
- 1/2 cup Ginger Root
- 1/2 cup Turmeric, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup Horseradish Root, grated
- 1 medium Onion, chopped
- 5 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 3 wholes Datil Peppers, chopped
- 1 fresh Lemon, Zest, and Juice
- 2 tablespoons Rosemary leaves, dried
- 2 tablespoons Thyme Leaves, dried
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper, ground
- 1 quart Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Raw Honey
- Prepare your roots, fruits, and herbs and place them in a quart-sized glass jar. If you’ve never grated fresh horseradish, be prepared for a powerful sinus-opening experience!
- Pour the apple cider vinegar into the jar until all of the ingredients are covered and the vinegar reaches the jar’s top.
- Use a piece of natural parchment paper under the lid to keep the vinegar from touching the metal, or a plastic lid if you have one. Shake well.
- Store in a cabinet or on the counter to remember to shake daily.
- After one month, use cheesecloth to strain out the pulp, pouring the vinegar into a clean jar.
- Add Honey and stir until incorporated. Taste your cider and add more honey until you reach the desired sweetness.
- Dosage: 1 – 2 tbs in the Fall and Winter months, as needed.
Appetizers ~ Beverages ~ Breads & Bakery ~ Dips, Spreads & Sauces ~ Healing Tonics ~ Salads & Sides ~ Soups & Stews ~ Main Dishes ~ Desserts