Cove Cuisine Dips, Spreads & Sauces
Datil Jerk Marinade
Datil Jerk Marinade, similar to Jamaican Jerk Sauce, provides a tasty, yet spicy flavor to your meats!
Prep Time: 15 min ~ Cook Time: 0 min ~ Servings: NA
- 5 scallions (green onions)
- 5 sprigs of fresh thyme (about 1 tablespoon chopped)
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 Datil peppers
- 1/3 cup soy sauce or 3 tbs
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 onion
- 1 lime juiced
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tbs grated ginger
- 3 Bay Leaves
- Roughly chop onion, scallions, garlic and ginger and place them into the food processor
- Add remaining dry ingredients on top.
- Add the wet ingredients.
- Turn your food processor on and pulse until you have a chunky puree.
- Marinate for at least 6 hours
Appetizers ~ Beverages ~ Breads & Bakery ~ Dips, Spreads & Sauces ~ Healing Tonics ~ Salads & Sides ~ Soups & Stews ~ Main Dishes ~ Desserts