A Cove Cuisine Appetizer
||Spicy Pickled Okra
Enjoy your summer Okra harvest throughout the year. Cove Cuisine Spicy Pickled Okra recipe has the zest and punch you are looking for! A perfect snack and a great addition to The Cove Cuisine Bloody Mary!
Prep Time: 60 min ~ Cook Time: 15 min ~ Servings: 4-5 pints
- 2 pounds Okra, fresh young
- 10 wholes Datil Peppers, slightly cut
- 5 cloves Garlic, peeled
- 5 teaspoons Mustard Seed
- 5 teaspoons Dill Seed
- 1 quart White Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Kosher Salt
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- Wash okra under cold running water. Trim stem ends of okra, leaving at least 1/3-inch of the cap intact. Soak okra in ice water for 1 hour, drain, and pat dry.
- Divide peppers, garlic cloves, mustard, and dill seeds evenly between jars.
- In a large pot, bring vinegar, salt, garlic, and sugar to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour hot pickling liquid over the okra by at least 1/4-inch, but leave at least 1/2-inch from the jar rims.
- Stir to remove air bubbles in jars, wipe rims clean, and firmly cover jars with lids and screw bands.
- Process jars in a hot water bath for 10 minutes.
- Remove jars from the water and cool. Jars should seal as they cool.
- Allow pickles to mature at least 2 weeks before consuming.
Appetizers ~ Beverages ~ Breads & Bakery ~ Dips, Spreads & Sauces ~ Healing Tonics ~ Salads & Sides ~ Soups & Stews ~ Main Dishes ~ Desserts