A Cove Cuisine Appetizer
||Shrimp & Scallop Ceviche
Shrimp & Scallop Ceviche, popularized in South America and the Caribbean, is a refreshing, marinated seafood dish, tasty, light, and bright…always a pleasant addition at Cove Cuisine…
Prep Time: 20 min ~ Cook Time: 2 hr ~ Servings: 4-6
- 1/2 pound Shrimp, peeled
- 1/2 pound Scallops
- 8 mediums Limes, juiced to cover
- 1 cup Tomatoes, fresh, diced
- 1 medium Sweet Red Pepper, chopped
- 4 tablespoons Cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Datil Pepper Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper, freshly ground
- 1/4 teaspoon Oregano, fresh
- 1 whole Datil Pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium Red Onion, finely chopped
- 2 wholes Sweet Bay Leaves
- 1 dash of Crystal Hot Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin, toasted, ground
- 1/4 cup Herb Infused Olive Oil
- 1 bunch Lettuce, mixed ( to line serving bowls )
- 1 fresh Avocado, Sliced
- Dice the fish (approximately 1/2-inch dice if using shrimp use cleaned shrimp).
- Marinate fish in the lime/orange juice in the fridge for 2 hours Stir often.
- Pour off most of the lime juice (just leave it moist).
- Add remaining ingredients except for lettuce and avocado. Do this preferably a few hours before serving & refrigerate.
- Toss well and arrange in individual serving bowls that are lined with the lettuce leaves.
Appetizers ~ Beverages ~ Breads & Bakery ~ Dips, Spreads & Sauces ~ Healing Tonics ~ Salads & Sides ~ Soups & Stews ~ Main Dishes ~ Desserts