A Cove Cuisine Appetizer
||Eggplant Parmesan Bites
A delicious way to enjoy eggplant! Eggplant Parmesan Bites are cheesy and full of flavor, great for dipping in your favorite Marinara Sauce!
Prep Time: 45 min ~ Cook Time: 10 min ~ Servings: 10
- 3 mediums Eggplant, Ichiban Style, thinly sliced
- 1 to taste Kosher Salt
- 8 mediums Basil leaves, chopped
- 15 ounces Ricotta Cheese, drained of moisture
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 4 mediums Eggs, beaten and divided
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 cup Italian Bread Crumbs
- 1 quart Peanut Oil, for frying
- 1 pint Marinara Sauce for dipping
- Slice the eggplant and lay it out on a paper towel-lined baking sheet.
- Generously salt the eggplant on both sides and leave it to sit for 30 minutes to soften and draw out excess moisture.
- In a medium mixing bowl add the basil, ricotta, mozzarella, parmesan, and one egg (beaten). Mix together.
- 4Blot off the water and excess salt from the eggplant with additional paper towels.
- Picking two equal-sized eggplant slices, sandwich about a tablespoon of the ricotta mixture between the slices and place on a wax paper-lined baking tray.
- 6Freeze for 30 minutes to one hour.
- In three separate bowls, place the flour, bread crumbs, and the remaining three eggs, beaten.
- 8Remove eggplant from the freezer and coat each first in flour, then egg, then bread crumbs. Coat once more in egg and a final time in the bread crumbs. Place back in the freezer while you prepare to fry.
- In a large saucepan, heat oil to 350˚F (180˚C). Fry eggplant in batches, three at a time, until nicely browned on all sides.
- 10Remove and place on a paper towel-lined plate to drain off any excess oil. Sprinkle with salt.
- Serve with marinara sauce. Enjoy!
Appetizers ~ Beverages ~ Breads & Bakery ~ Dips, Spreads & Sauces ~ Healing Tonics ~ Salads & Sides ~ Soups & Stews ~ Main Dishes ~ Desserts