A Cove Cuisine Appetizer
||Brie in Filo Dough
A delicious, creamy, sweet appetizer…
Prep Time: 20 min ~ Cook Time: 30 min ~ Servings: 4
- 6 mediums Filo Dough, thawed
- 2 tablespoons Butter, melted
- 1 medium Brie, 5-6″ round
- 3 tablespoons Jam of choice
- 1 tablespoon Almonds, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- Melt the butter in the microwave and keep it in a small bowl to cool.
- On a flat surface place a single sheet of filo dough. Lightly brush it with some melted butter. In the center of the filo dough toss the almonds in the center, forming a circle about as wide as the brie. Top the almonds with even dollops of the jam and lightly spread the jam so that it evenly covers the almonds. Then, place the brie round on top of the jam and fold up the sides of the filo dough, followed by the ends, like you are wrapping a present. Pat around the brie so that everything is snuggly tucked in.
- Place the second sheet of filo on a flat surface and brush it with butter. Then place the wrapped brie on top of this dough and repeat the wrapping process. Repeat this butter/wrapping procedure with the remaining sheets of filo dough. When this is complete, flip the wrapped brie so that it is seam-side down in an oven-proof baker. Brush the tops and sides of the dough with the very last remaining bit of butter.
- Bake the brie for 30 minutes, or until the filo dough is lightly browned and puffed up. Serve warm with a spreading knife and a platter of crispy crackers and toasts.
Appetizers ~ Beverages ~ Breads & Bakery ~ Dips, Spreads & Sauces ~ Jellies and Jams ~ Healing Tonics ~ Salads & Sides ~ Soups & Stews ~ Main Dishes ~ Desserts